Recipe: Fourth of July Cocktail
This is the time of year when the air smells of barbeque and a firework salesman’s finical problems have disappeared. This is also the day of the year when America was born and declared its independence from Great Britain. Yes, you’ve guessed right, it’s the Fourth of July. Since this a day of celebration, try this adult friendly party drink
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ounce watermelon schnapps
- 1 big splash cranberry juice
- 1 very thin slice jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 slice lime
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Watermelon wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Mix the schnapps and cranberry juice in a shaker;
- Pour into an ice-filled glass.
- Muddle the jalapeno pepper, lemon and lime slices, tequila, blue curacao and simple syrup (to make a batch, dissolve sugar in equal parts hot water and chill) in the shaker.
- Slowly strain into the glass over the red layer.
- Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
Recipe and photo from www.foodnetwork.com