View a Clip from the Film ‘Raze’
Free PR Web Directory
Three girls and their grandparents died in a house fire on Christmas morning in Connecticut.
10-year-old Lily Badger and her 7-year-old twin sisters Grace and Sarah Badger died of smoke inhalation, as did their mother’s parents, Lomer and Pauline Johnson. Lomer Johnson had also suffered a blunt head and neck trauma.
It is believed that embers in a bag of discarded fireplace ashes started the fire.
Madonna Badger, the girl’s mother and the home’s owner, escaped from the fire. Her friend Michael Borcina, a contractor working on the house, also survived.
Lomer Johnson had tried to go back into the house to save the girls. Firefighters went into the house twice to try to rescue the family, but were forced out by the fire’s intensity. Madonna Badger managed to escape by climbing out a window.
Madonna Badger and her husband Matthew Badger are currently getting divorced. He was not at the house when it caught on fire.
Both families are currently devastated by the tragedy, but are finding comfort in each other and from public sympathy.